This week’s Project 52 assignment is to make a photograph of a stranger.
“Not a candid, or a ‘street shot’, but a full on portrait. Of course, you may only have a minute or two to make that shot, so being on your toes and ready goes without saying. Some of you may have a bit more time, but there will be those occasions where you only get a few clicks off – so make sure you are ready. I would suggest shooting several people – once you get on a roll, the momentum carries you and it becomes easier and easier to do.
– The person should be unknown to you.
– It can be a street portrait, studio portrait or environmental portrait.
– The portrait should be simply lit.
– Tell us a little bit about the person – through the image and the caption.
– Tell us how you approached and worked with the subject(s) for the project.”
These are a couple of my favorite “stranger” photos from the Yale Walking Tour hosted by Milford Photo last November. (but I can’t use these – that would be cheating.)
Stay tuned for my new photos taken for the assignment.